It’s Magic Monday and the road is calling once again…..
Tomorrow I’m packing my bags to tour Mexico and then South America. So today’s Magic Monday lesson is inspired by travel and portable magic!
This is the perfect secret for those of you on the go!
I use this super magic tip all the time, and so can you! It works fantastic for:
- performers getting ready in back stages
- people who travel a lot for business or pleasure
- people who might have a billion roommates and not much space
- or for people who need to be a little more discreet in their magic makings.
On the road, I spend a lot of time in different cities everyday and when everything else is changing around me, it helps to have some things stay the same. If you’ve seen me walking into a venue in the past five years, you’ll always see me carrying my trusty blue vintage case wherever I go. Sure, it’s adorable.
But when I open it up backstage…….voila! Instant portable altar!
The top level tray includes all of my stage makeup and a mirror surrounded by Danger Dames of the past that help juice up my makeup magic. And when you lift up the removable tray, this lovely secret lies underneath……
I like to pack little tea lights, coins from places I’d like to go back to again, special rocks or crystals (the one in the photo is a special Phantom Crystal my Dad found for me), an old mini magic mirror that my Mom gave me, pretty smelling incense, my Paulina Tarot deck, the magic rose chain I made by hand, and lastly, a 100 year old pin cushion. I write wishes on slips of paper and pin my wishes into it, just like Grandma Helen did.
So let’s make some magic together! Here’s what you need:
2. Print out photos of people that have inspired you and photos of people who love you and support your dreams. Hint: You might want to use the photos of your own Circle of Seven that we created two weeks ago. You can also print out photos of things you want to bring into your life. I had the Eiffel Tower in mine and just last April I climbed to the top in my vintage burgundy heels. At the strike of 10pm, the lights of the Eiffel Tower sparkled and I toasted Paris with a glass of champagne in my hand! It works. YOU are writing your own story. Know this.
3. Tape these photos around the mirror. This way, you will see yourself in the mirror surrounded by all of these inspiring people, family, friends, and things. It will work magic on your confidence. Trust me.
4. Get a pretty fabric and line the bottom of your case with it. Add tea lights, incense, special stones, coins, oils, and whatever special magic meaningful things you’d like.
5. Pack up and GO in gorgeous magic vintage style!
Have fun making your portable altars! Send me photos, I’d love to include them in a future Danger Diary entry!
See you tomorrow with a new How To Tuesday right before I board the plane to Mexico!