I’ve got a secret…….
And so do you.
I know it.
Something that is growing in the maps of your mind, leaving little postcards behind in your day dreams and your night dreams.
Something that is so raw, so primal, so natural – that perhaps you can’t even utter the words out loud.
When I saw my first burlesque show at the Slipper Room in 1999, I told my friend – “That’s what I want to do.” And we laughed about the thought of me actually doing it.
But I was serious.
Years later, I wrote it in my journal and there was my secret desire tattooed on a white page in black ink.
Never underestimate the power of your own hand-written words on a page.
So let me ask you….
“What is a secret desire you have for 2013?”
A wish. A stirring. A goal. An adventure.
What do you truly desire?
Two days ago in my Circle of Seduction, I had a room full of women each scrawl their secret desire on a page, for we were about to make desire soup….
This is my own homemade recipe and it’s vee-licious!
This works best with six or more people. So gather up your co-conspirators for New Year’s Eve to brew up some magic.
- The Ingredients: Have everyone in the group write their secret desire on a piece of paper. Make sure that they don’t out themselves by using names or too many specifics that their desire might be identified as theirs. With the freedom of writing an anonymous secret desire, each participant is less likely to self-censor.
- The Cooking Pot: Grab a pot with a lid. Have everyone fold their secret desire papers up and add them to the pot. Once everyone has dropped their “ingredients” in, put the lid on.
- Sizzle and Stir. Stand in a circle and take turns shaking up the pot. Put your hips into it. Shake it. Put the voodoo in it. You know what I’m talking about. I don’t want a bland ass wonder bread stir, I want some deep down dirty hip-swaying, howling to the moon stir. You are holding a pot full of juicy, secret desires….treat them as such!
- Taste. Here comes the fun part. It’s even better than the cookie dough batter. I swear. Each person randomly picks a secret desire out of the pot to “taste”. And by taste I mean….read out loud. Ah, the exhilaration of your secret desire being read out loud by someone else in the room and no one knows it’s yours!
- Savor. That anonymous secret desire in your hand? It’s yours to keep. You are the guardian of it. Each person saves the desire they picked and folds it into their wallet, puts it on their altar or tapes it into their journal. No one can accomplish their dreams alone. We need each other’s support and love to carry them forward. And it’s nice to know that you are carrying someone’s secret desire and they are carrying yours.
May all your desires come true in 2013, my Loves.
This diary was a secret desire of mine for a long time. So if you are reading these words, thank you for being here, thank you for supporting a small dream of mine.
Let’s kick ass together in 2013.