I have a question for you.
Her eyebrows raised…“It’s hard not to go directly to thinking about past lovers,” she said.
“Agreed,” he said.
“But then there’s people you just want to get forgiveness from, or people you fell out of touch with that you just really want to say hello to again. Those would make a better choice.”
I was in my favorite coffee hangout.
And in that place in between sleep and awake…
I had asked them a question that popped in my mind.
Can I ask you a question?
You’re sitting in a coffee house – and you can pick one person from your past that you fell out of touch with to have a latte with for 30 minutes.
- It has to be someone you haven’t spoken to in the last 6 months.
- No matter what the circumstance was when you last saw them – they are really happy to see you and you are happy to see them.
- You can thank them for however they inspired you in life – and they will get to know that.
- You can say you’re sorry (if that applies) and they will forgive you.
- They can apologize to you (if that applies) and you will forgive them.
- You will both leave the coffee house feeling better about everything.
- It has to be someone that is still currently on this earth, to the best of your knowledge.
- It has to be someone that you know in real life.
Is it an old teacher, a childhood friend who moved, that friend you lost touch with when you went to school, that person who lived on your block that you saw everyday but don’t know what ever happened to them, an old boyfriend/girlfriend, someone who helped change the course of your life, someone who moved across the world that you might not get to see as often days of not speaking turned into months, perhaps it’s a great aunt or family member who life has been so busy you haven’t picked up the phone to call.
Who would you choose?
Tell me in the comments who and why. You don’t need to name names.
And if you are really brave and up to a challenge…contact that person in the next 24 hours.